One of the worst things about living with cats is dealing with their nasty litter box. When you don’t clean it up regularly, your cat’s waste can pile up and leave a terrible mess and awful smell to your home.
An innovative solution, the CatGenie Self-Flushing Cat Box provides the very answer to this problem.
It’s an automatic, Catgenie self-washing and self-cleaning cat box that’s basically your feline’s toilet, giving you utmost convenience and keeping your home clean and odor-free from your cat’s waste.
For Every Cat Owner
So simple fish can do it! CatGenie only requires a one-time DIY connection to a cold-water line.
1. Easy Set-Up
You can place the CatGenie in your bathroom next to your toilet or in a laundry room next to a washing machine. All you need is a cold water line where you can attach the cat box to.
2. Reusable Granules
Looks just like litter, these granules are dust-free and completely washable. You won’t have to buy litter at all since these granules can be used again and again. The granules are also biodegradable within 9 months which means they won’t cause problems on your septic systems.
3. Self-Flushing and Self-Cleaning
What is the cleaning process? When your cat urinates, the liquid is drained through the granules, goes through the bottom of the tray, and through the drain pipe.
When your cat defecates, the cat box scoops out the poo, goes through the SaniSolution cartridge and gets flushed out. Once this process is done, CatGenie washes out the CatGenie washable granules with cold water and sanitizes it, dry the granules, and after about 30 minutes, the cat box is ready to use again.
*Make sure you don’t forget the connection to a cold water line and don’t have it close to an electrical outlet.
4. Cat litter box deodorizer
You can use a cat litter deodorizer to get rid of a strong ammonia smell.
5. Comes with 3 Settings
You can choose from 3 settings:
1. Cat Start – the box automatically flushes and cleans itself after 10 minutes of your cat defecating.
2. Auto Start – you can program the box to clean itself 1 to 4 times a day.
3. Push Start – this is the setting where the box flushes and cleans itself when you press the start button manually.
- Easy Set-up – there are no complicated instructions as all you need to do is connect the cat box to a cold water line
- Convenient – you won’t have to change the litter every now and then since the granules are completely reusable and washable
- Saves You Time – at the end of a long day at work, you won’t have to worry about your cat’s waste stinking up your home as it automatically cleans your cat’s waste for you
- Fully Automatic – you won’t have to do anything – you can simply press a button or program the CatGenie to clean itself
- 30-minute Cleaning Cycle – the cleaning cycle is pretty long and noisy, too. If your cat needs to defecate within this time period, then things can get messy.
- Soft Poo Gets Left Behind – CatGenie seems to only work properly for firm poo. Soft poo often gets left behind and when the cat box automatically cleans and dries itself, the poo can get baked and end up smelling incredibly awful and disgusting.
Who Is it Good For?
CatGenie is perfect for anyone who doesn’t have the time or the will to clean up after their feline friend or friends. One cat box is good for
1 to 2 adult cats and no more than 3 average size cats that are 6 months and older. So if you have one or two cats, the CatGenie is perfect for you.
The unit needs to be cleaned and maintained at least 4 times a year to prevent buildup and clogging, so some actual cleaning is still required to keep CatGenie working properly. If you’re not the type to do maintenance tasks, then this isn’t for you.
In summary, the CatGenie is recommended for a cat owner who:
- has extra space in the bathroom or laundry room
- has a cat who defecates firm stools most of the time
- can clean the box 4 times a year
- has 1 to 2 average-sized cats or 3 small kittens
- has the patience to teach their cat to use the CatGenie
The Bottom Line
Cat Genie is a great product that can make your life with your beloved cat so much easier and stress-free. Cleaning up after your pet can be a pain in the neck, especially if you’re busy with work or your personal life. CatGenie is basically a cat toilet, and the fact that it sanitizes and cleans itself up is a fantastic feature.
Like most things, CatGenie is not free of flaws. Soft feces can end up being broken into smaller pieces and getting left behind, which can cause you to clean it up manually. And worse, if you don’t notice the poo that wasn’t scooped up, it can potentially stink up your entire home since the poo will essentially be baked due to the unit’s drying process.
If you want to live a stress-free and waste-free life with your cat at home, the CatGenie might just be the solution you’re looking for.